Roosh V Forum
The Joe Rogan thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Joe Rogan thread (/thread-47141.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Joe Rogan thread - Leonard D Neubache - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 01:51 AM)TheBulldozer Wrote:  

This thread is a mircrocosm of the current state of the forum and the men that post here.

You, in your parents’ basement with all of four rep points, are off to criticize someone who has put years of hard work into their own craft, because you feel they have “sold out” or whose views somehow don’t align with Saint Alex Jones. Get fucking real.

Rogan provides a reputable platform for both intellectuals as well as some one the most interesting people walking earth to share their long form thoughts. No one is asking me or you to agree with his or that person’s thoughts. You’re just as bad as the people you criticize on the left.

Quote: (02-05-2019 07:48 AM)rotekz Wrote:  

Two quality reactions to Toe Rogan who has literally sold out.
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1092482040803540992?s=20][/url]

Old school forum guys are still all about getting laid and getting paid.

For the rest of us we enjoy having one of the last free places on the internet to get an idea of who's trying to deceive us and why. What can be salvaged of our society and what's really valuable in life. But if you give a shit about something other than cash and pussy you're obviously living in your parent's basement.

Fuck the haters. Learn what you can from places like this and let off steam when you feel the need. Find the high ground where you can save the things that really matter in this world.

Let the hedonistic haters trapped in 2012 learn the hard way what's coming down the line for them. Guys like TheBulldozer are going to get yanked out of a customs line one day and tossed in indefinite detention while stuttering "but... but.. but... my money and my notch count!"

"Is this your account on the former site RVF, sir?"

"Yes, but... but... but... I wasn't political!"

"That's OK, sir. We have enough bullets for everyone."

p.s. Go lecture Roosh on "spending years perfecting your craft" when his books get tossed off of Amazon and virtually every other provider for purely political reasons while jaboi Rogan is getting Twitterbux from that faggot Dorsey. Rogan isn't shit. He only has a platform because he's allowed one, and he's allowed one because he's a sellout cunt. It's not hard to be the big dog when none of the others are allowed into the ring.

The Joe Rogan thread - 911 - 02-05-2019

This thread is a mircrocosm of the current state of the forum and the men that post here.

You, in your parents’ basement with all of four rep points, are off to criticize someone who has put years of hard work into their own craft, because you feel they have “sold out” or whose views somehow don’t align with Saint Alex Jones. Get fucking real.

Rogan provides a reputable platform for both intellectuals as well as some one the most interesting people walking earth to share their long form thoughts. No one is asking me or you to agree with his or that person’s thoughts. You’re just as bad as the people you criticize on the left.

"Rogan" and "intellectual" don't belong in the same sentence.

The Joe Rogan thread - Thot Leader - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 08:22 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

p.s. Go lecture Roosh on "spending years perfecting your craft" when his books get tossed off of Amazon and virtually every other provider for purely political reasons while jaboi Rogan is getting Twitterbux from that faggot Dorsey. Rogan isn't shit. He only has a platform because he's allowed one, and he's allowed one because he's a sellout cunt. It's not hard to be the big dog when none of the others are allowed into the ring.

Fuck man, you went full red pill cannon here once again.

I can't get over how a forum member can attack another forum member for discussing in detail something Roosh himself has discussed publicly. The rationale is astonishing.

Maybe it would be safer to post only quotes from Roosh himself on topics like globalism, cultural Marxism, race, etc., just so you can't get called a loser for raising such points.

The Joe Rogan thread - Roosh - 02-05-2019

One interesting thing about the forum is that we have men in all stages of their lives, from full-on hedonism to family mode, from newly red pill to firmly black pill. What binds us is that we what to understand how the world really is from the perspective of being a man stuck in the modern era. I'm just surprised there aren't more arguments here like the one above.

The Joe Rogan thread - scotian - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 08:22 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2019 07:48 AM)rotekz Wrote:  

Two quality reactions to Toe Rogan who has literally sold out.
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1092482040803540992?s=20][/url]

Old school forum guys are still all about getting laid and getting paid.

For the rest of us we enjoy having one of the last free places on the internet to get an idea of who's trying to deceive us and why. What can be salvaged of our society and what's really valuable in life. But if you give a shit about something other than cash and pussy you're obviously living in your parent's basement.

Fuck the haters. Learn what you can from places like this and let off steam when you feel the need. Find the high ground where you can save the things that really matter in this world.

Let the hedonistic haters trapped in 2012 learn the hard way what's coming down the line for them. Guys like TheBulldozer are going to get yanked out of a customs line one day and tossed in indefinite detention while stuttering "but... but.. but... my money and my notch count!"

"Is this your account on the former site RVF, sir?"

"Yes, but... but... but... I wasn't political!"

"That's OK, sir. We have enough bullets for everyone."

Touché

The Joe Rogan thread - Fortis - 02-05-2019

I agree with dozer to an extent. Rogan is ultimately a solid guy who seems to be far more capable than he pretends to be. Not to mention, he's often a semi-impartial gatekeeper to information. Imagine JBP without Rogan? He'd have like 25% of the reach he currently has.

I don't always enjoy Rogan as a person but I like what he provides.

The Joe Rogan thread - debeguiled - 02-05-2019

Rogan is like that smart guy we all knew in high school who saw through the bullshit just enough to spend senior year in the parking lot getting high.

He is a serious pothead, and like the guy from high school, has huge gaps in his knowledge and understanding, but sometimes comes out with a crazy/clear stoner idea that is really funny or really insightful.

Other times, he interrupts a guest making a generalization to tell him that it is a generalization and that *not all* whoevers are like that, and it drives you up a wall.

I also like how he isn't afraid to admit he doesn't understand something and then he does keep asking questions until he gets it.

I like his show, but often don't listen to the whole thing, and depending on the guest, his podcasts can be pretty amazing.

Other than that, his Fear Factor money has him set for life, so normal people can't really relate to his life or his decisions. He doesn't have to do anything, and basically gets to follow his own passions and curiosity all around wherever they lead him.

With a grain of salt, he can be appreciated for who he is.

The Joe Rogan thread - heavy - 02-05-2019

I do BJJ because of Rogan, and BJJ has changed my life (as I've gone into more detail on other threads).

I embrace more difficult things (running, working out, anything) because of him (mostly David Goggins book).

I have a far greater understanding of nutrition because of him (Dr Rhonda Patrick, Kresser, Dr Shawn Baker, D'Agostino, Taubes, and others).

I have a far greater understanding of the mysteries of human history because of him (Randall Carlson, Graham Hancock).

I understand Christianity and how it fits into the human psyche more because of him (Jordan Peterson).

...and so forth

If you just take jujitsu, he's had a huge positive influence on my life.

Edit: Started hunting a little bit again (hadn't since high school) because of Steve Rinella.

The Joe Rogan thread - Ryoto - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 12:32 PM)heavy Wrote:  

I do BJJ because of Rogan, and BJJ has changed my life (as I've gone into more detail on other threads).

I embrace more difficult things (running, working out, anything) because of him (mostly David Goggins book).

I have a far greater understanding of nutrition because of him (Dr Rhonda Patrick and others).

I have a far greater understanding of the mysteries of human history because of him (Randall Carlson, Graham Hancock).

I understand Christianity and how it fits into the human psyche more because of him (Jordan Peterson).

...and so forth

Gatekeepers like JP and Rogan will give you enough truth and positive tools to earn your trust and seamlessly inject the agenda that they're paid to propagate. So clean your room, get in shape, eat better, but don't defer to a luciferian UN operative like JP to provide you with an understanding of Christianity, or a midbrow talking head like Rogan to interpret history for you.

The Joe Rogan thread - debeguiled - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 01:00 PM)911 Wrote:  

I have a far greater understanding of nutrition because of him (Dr Rhonda Patrick and others).

...and so forth

Gatekeepers like JP and Rogan will give you enough truth and positive tools to earn your trust and seamlessly inject the agenda that they're paid to propagate. So clean your room, get in shape, eat better, but don't defer to a luciferian UN operative like JP to provide you with an understanding of Christianity, or a midbrow talking head like Rogan to interpret history for you.

Look at the bolded words and phrases.

There are ten pages of begged questions and all in one paragraph.

From gatekeeper to agenda injecter to paid propagator to Luciferian UN operative, and that is all in two sentences.

And being condescending to Heavy in the bargain.

The level of hysterical language that is being directed at mainstream people like Rogan and Peterson is what makes people doubt arguments like this, not Rogan or Peterson themselves.

Arguments like this are a lot closer to intellectual bullying than they are to making a rational point.

It is like you are overloading a small paragraph with a lot of hot button words and phrases as if to say, look at how terrible these people are.

How could you appreciate them?

There is a spirit of overheated ad hominemism here that seems intended to bleed over to the person who listens to either of these guys.

These are evil people and you are stupid for passively accepting their views.

(Which isn't even what Heavy said he was doing.)

I am not saying you are doing this intentionally. You obviously care about the issue.

Think of this more as feedback.

When you pile on overblown criticisms devoid of context or proof, it comes off as manipulative and fishy language.

It is not effective persuasion, assuming the win, unless you are talking to an insecure and easily swayed person.

The Joe Rogan thread - heavy - 02-05-2019

What crawled up 911's ass today?

Oh wait maybe I just wonder that because I'm brainwashed by the luciferian mid-brow propagators.

The Joe Rogan thread - Atlanta Man - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 01:29 PM)heavy Wrote:  

We all have our days-I violently attacked a homosexual actor in Chicago this weekend,then I put a noose around his neck, and then I poured bleach all over him-shit happens. 911 is a solid poster, maybe he is on the cusp of an intellectual breakthrough, or maybe he is bored-ain't no telling, still like the guy though.

The Joe Rogan thread - Oberrheiner - 02-05-2019

don't defer to a luciferian UN operative like JP to provide you with an understanding of Christianity

who would you recommend we get our info about christianity from ?

The Joe Rogan thread - SamuelBRoberts - 02-05-2019

Anything that predates WW2 is probably a safe bet. Small catechism's a good start. Or C.S. Lewis. Chesterton's great.

The Joe Rogan thread - Oberrheiner - 02-05-2019

Thanks, will look into that.

Quote: (02-05-2019 01:17 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Look at the bolded words and phrases.

There are ten pages of begged questions and all in one paragraph.

From gatekeeper to agenda injecter to paid propagator to Luciferian UN operative, and that is all in two sentences.

Which of these bolded terms do you actually disagree with?

Do you completely dismiss Resurection Europa's brilliant analysis of Peterson's background and M.O.?

Is there a problem with the substance of what I wrote, or is it just the tone?

Quote:Quote:

The level of hysterical language that is being directed at mainstream people like Rogan and Peterson is what makes people doubt arguments like this, not Rogan or Peterson themselves.

Arguments like this are a lot closer to intellectual bullying than they are to making a rational point. It is like you are overloading a small paragraph with a lot of hot button words and phrases as if to say, look at how terrible these people are. How could you appreciate them?

There is a spirit of overheated ad hominemism here that seems intended to bleed over to the person who listens to either of these guys. These are evil people and you are stupid for passively accepting their views.

(Which isn't even what Heavy said he was doing.)

Heavy said, and I quote, that JP and Rogan provided him with an "understanding of the mysteries of human history" and of "Christianity and how it fits into the human psyche", so I think you're wrong there. You might disagree about the nature of JP's teachings, but my take on their impact on Heavy is accurate.

As well, your own bolded stuff above is at least as pejorative and personal as anything I've written above.

I am not saying you are doing this intentionally. You obviously care about the issue. Think of this more as feedback.

When you pile on overblown criticisms devoid of context or proof, it comes off as manipulative and fishy language.

It is not effective persuasion, assuming the win, unless you are talking to an insecure and easily swayed person.

If I come across as combative or angry, it is only out of frustration from seeing the kind of deep penetrating impact gatekeepers personalities like JP and Rogan have. On the surface their influence seems positive, but there is a darker agenda present, and at least in JP's case, there is a deliberateness to their work.

There is always that problem of overshooting people's Overton windows when approaching complex subjects like this. Take a term like "luciferian" which I've used above, that might come across as a bit out there or "hysterical" to someone who doesn't understand the real luciferian agenda of the UN.

Nearly everyone on here understands at some level that globalist organizations like the UN don't mean well, but few are privy to the spiritual elements underlining that agenda, and here "luciferian" is a very accurate and factual term. The original publishing arm of the UN is The Lucifer Trust, whose name was changed to the somewhat more benign-sounding Lucis Trust.

From the Lucis Trust Wikipedia page:

The Lucis Trust's publishing company was founded in the early 1920s as the Lucifer Publishing Company.[1] The Lucis Trust says that the name was probably chosen to honor Lucifer.[1] The name was changed in 1925 to the Lucis Publishing Company. In Latin lucem ferre means "to bear light" and lucis means of light. The company has headquarters in New York City, London, and Geneva. [same headquarters as the UN]

The Lucis Trust runs a blog, "World Goodwill", which focuses on defining new Sustainable Development Goals for humanity.[2]

It might be a bit complicated to articulate the points I'm trying to make with some depth in a couple of paragraphs, but you shouldn't dismiss them out of hand, or be put off if I come across as condescending or preachy, because usually I take the time to put enough substance and thought behind my posts.

Quote: (02-05-2019 02:28 PM)Oberrheiner Wrote:  

don't defer to a luciferian UN operative like JP to provide you with an understanding of Christianity

who would you recommend we get our info about christianity from ?

On the subject of modern culture, philosophy and the subversion of Christianity, E. Michael Jones is a brilliant source, to say the least:

http://www.culturewars.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqu-4AY...5iCtt7dMKQ

For basic theology, in french:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...H__oZBKdIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DU4V87y...Z2rtfIgJhN

Quote: (02-05-2019 01:29 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Oh wait maybe I just wonder that because I'm brainwashed by the luciferian mid-brow propagators.

Easy on the lingo there, Heavy! [Image: wink.gif]

I think Roosh's post above summarizes it.

The Joe Rogan thread - HD668B - 02-05-2019

...and so forth

Extremely important message here. When I listened to the podcast with Jack Dorsey and started reading the comments, I became very pessimistic about Joe Rogan. Yes he isnt perfect, yes he sometimes (manytimes) has crazy lefits ideas like universal income, but overall, on the big picture, I learned tons from his interviews and I cannot take this back.

Good contrast you are painting here, its not just black and white.

I see this argument often, and to be honest I sometimes believe in it. But then if you think about it, why would these guys go through all the trouble of making us better, more in shape, stronger, etc just to fuck us at the end? That would be taking a stupid risk of training your enemy just before fighting him.
PS: see you on the Jordan Peterson thread

The Joe Rogan thread - budoslavic - 02-05-2019

Jimmy Dore talked about the recent JRE interview with Bari Weiss that happened a few weeks ago. (Yes...her name sounds Jewish. Go figure.)

Full clip of Joe Rogan's 3 hour interview with the so-called NY Times journo (Bari Weiss). There's more dislikes than likes, of course. YouTube's been frantically trying to delete the dislikes according to commenters. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Some clips related to Bari Weiss interview on JRE instead of watching the entire 3 hour clip.

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 07:20 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

Hmmm.
One is pretty. One... not so much. I'm guessing envy...

The Joe Rogan thread - Robert High Hawk - 02-05-2019

Many valid criticism of Joe Rogan, many valid praises. I'm not a huge fan myself, but I liked what he did in that interview with Bari Weiss when he called her out on her criticism of Tulsi Gabbard. She had nothing to back up the slander she was peddling, and came across as a total amateur who is way over her head.

I find this kind of thing often with modern career women. One one level they may be extremely accomplished career wise, but outside of a very narrow, supported, prescribed professional environment, they seem to be completely incapable of generating any conversation of substance.

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 07:38 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

Many valid criticism of Joe Rogan, many valid praises. I'm not a huge fan myself, but I liked what he did in that interview with Bari Weiss when he called her out on her criticism of Tulsi Gabbard. She had nothing to back up the slander she was peddling, and came across as a total amateur who is way over her head.

I find this kind of thing often with modern career women. One one level they may be extremely accomplished career wise, but outside of a very narrow, supported, prescribed professional environment, they seem to be completely incapable of generating any conversation of substance.

Yep.
Just looking at Bari Weiss (& so many Soycialist blogger hacks otherwise), she doesn't scream much in the way of life experience.

The Joe Rogan thread - Thot Leader - 02-05-2019

I swear I remember a couple of years back (maybe 2014) Joe Rogan and one of his regulars (maybe Duncan Trussell) were riffing on the Hollywood casting couch and Joe joked that Harvey Weinstein would make young actresses blow him. This was well before the MeToo scandal. I bet if the clip were to resurface it would generate a bit of buzz, like the Seth MacFarlane Oscar joke.