Roosh V Forum
New York City - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: New York City (/thread-8368.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

New York City - Rang off the Pipe - 07-11-2016

Dantes is right on the money when it comes to street game. I'd also add Williamsburg, Greenwich Village, and West Village as weekend/afterwork spots, although I would say Soho could be done on weekdays too. Financial District and Tribeca are hit-or-miss and my experiences don't go north of 59th Street.

New York City - jasond - 07-11-2016

Quote: (07-09-2016 12:22 PM)National Crusader Wrote:  

I've been living in Manhattan for the past 6 months. I don't get the hype about the girls here. Sure, there's an occasional hottie here and there but in this gigantic metropolis they are diluted by swarms of tatted up hipster chicks, fat ghetto chicks and everything else in between. I'm here because of my business and travel to Europe a lot so I don't really care (originally from Serbia) but for those of you who are expecting some heavenly place I'd advise you to skip it [Image: smile.gif] A couple of days ago I was walking from Soho all the way to Central Park and out of every 100 girls I saw, I only found maybe 4-5 attractive and most of those seemed to be tourists from either Middle America or Europe. Keep in mind that I'm primarily attracted to white women so this place being a melting pot of everything surely doesn't help. Back home in Belgrade when I would the same kind of walk on a warm summer day or evening I'd see hot girls everywhere I look and after a while you get used to it so you don't pay that much attention. Only when I get back here I realize how ugly most girls here are haha [Image: smile.gif]

New York City (and almost all east/west coast USA cities) are bad places to be if you are looking for white women. I'd say these places are only about 40% white women (non-hispanic), compared to 70% for western europe, and 95% for eastern europe. Because of this supply/demand imbalance, their status gets elevated and they become all the much harder to get.

The average NYC chick is awful, I agree, compared to Belgrade. The top 1% though, is really good, maybe best in the world...which is why those who are able to tap the high end, really love the city.

New York City - YossariansRight - 07-11-2016

Quote: (07-11-2016 06:39 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2016 12:22 PM)National Crusader Wrote:  

I've been living in Manhattan for the past 6 months. I don't get the hype about the girls here. Sure, there's an occasional hottie here and there but in this gigantic metropolis they are diluted by swarms of tatted up hipster chicks, fat ghetto chicks and everything else in between. I'm here because of my business and travel to Europe a lot so I don't really care (originally from Serbia) but for those of you who are expecting some heavenly place I'd advise you to skip it [Image: smile.gif] A couple of days ago I was walking from Soho all the way to Central Park and out of every 100 girls I saw, I only found maybe 4-5 attractive and most of those seemed to be tourists from either Middle America or Europe. Keep in mind that I'm primarily attracted to white women so this place being a melting pot of everything surely doesn't help. Back home in Belgrade when I would the same kind of walk on a warm summer day or evening I'd see hot girls everywhere I look and after a while you get used to it so you don't pay that much attention. Only when I get back here I realize how ugly most girls here are haha [Image: smile.gif]

New York City (and almost all east/west coast USA cities) are bad places to be if you are looking for white women. I'd say these places are only about 40% white women (non-hispanic), compared to 70% for western europe, and 95% for eastern europe. Because of this supply/demand imbalance, their status gets elevated and they become all the much harder to get.

The average NYC chick is awful, I agree, compared to Belgrade. The top 1% though, is really good, maybe best in the world...which is why those who are able to tap the high end, really love the city.

^^Agreed. I was in Mahattan about 6 weeks ago and was underwhelmed to say the least about the overall "hotness" of the women, although the Japanese women were good.

I saw more good looking chicks at a Mets game in Queens than 2 days in Manhattan.

New York City - scrambled - 07-27-2016

^^^

I live in DC and kept hearing about how great NYC is for hunting; on Tinder I set my GPS for midtown with a 15 mile radius, but browsing through the talent it looks much worse than DC for non-fat white girls. So bad it's unbelievable; there are hardly any, just fatties, freaks, and hordes of Asians and Ghetto booties. Is it a Tinder thing or is it that bad there?

New York City - jimukr104 - 07-27-2016

Yes and no. The avg Belgrade girl is probably better but NYC in absolute numbers probably has more since it has 8 1/2 million.

NYC women are spoiled more so because native NY'ers have balls. They are agressive(ex.catcalls) so women have a higher value of self worth. The large % of Jews adds to this since Jewish women are brought up thinking they are priNcesses( no matter how fat). Another problem is the Arab and foreign business men hit oN them all day .They get harassed like Kiev girls do from sex tourists.

The reason avg aggressive players like NYC is because the number game works out. If you do day game, you don't have to have game. You have the chance to approach over 100 women in a day. you can make the law of averages work in your favor. Same dynamic in bars/clubs.

The boroughs often have more attractive women since the most attractive women in NYC are the immigrants (Russians, etc and they either live in Queens and/or Brooklyn. But they won't be very approachable in their own ethnic enclave.

Also the nightlife scene in the boroughs cater mostly to men, therefore, most bars will be Irish pubs full of guys. Manhattan venues cater to both sexes.

New York City - Rang off the Pipe - 07-27-2016

The thing with New York is that there are actually a lot of average-looking women who are good at dressing themselves up with nicer clothing, make-up, etc., hence a part of the reason for the attitudes and inflated egos (this is especially true for the white women). Really stunning women are a rarity and contrary to some popular belief, there are actually a good number of out-of-shape women and fatties (although this is much more glaring in the outer boroughs).

That being said, there are plenty of opportunities to run day approaches (especially at this time of the year), and so in that regard the city is good. I wouldn't expect great receptions as often as in some other places but they do happen. I find that many people in this city try to avoid interaction whenever they can for a variety of reasons (catcalls, beggars, burnout, etc.). In fact, during my street approaches I never bother with any chick wearing both sunglasses and headphones as it has usually been nothing but a waste of time. They seem to want to totally isolate themselves from the rest of the world and it's obvious in their body language.

I can't really speak for nightlife too well since I've only been out on some weekends and that's when everyone and their mother seems to be at the bars. There are plenty of guys out who run approaches, although very rarely do I see one single guy doing approaches. Blowouts are pretty common, even from your average bar chick. There doesn't seem to be much of a hint that many of those guys are necessarily going home with women either.

jimukr implies that there is a social circle element to this city when he talks about the outer boroughs, and I don't disagree. It definitely helps to be in the right networks; they open up many opportunities, and not just for women.

New York City - Laserspewpew - 08-10-2016

Are there any up to date recommendations on late bars to meet women. I'm in the city for work next month and would like to get out and about in the evenings and also give myself a chance to hook up. I'll be staying in the upper east side and haven't been to NYC for over 5 years... I will post a TR here on my return

New York City - scorza - 12-06-2016

Im from Kuala Lumpur and i met a dude from Queens, New York on a short holiday in Malaysia while driving Uber. He mentioned that to party in New York and get the girls, you just need to open a bottle cuz its quite pricey to open a bottle in a decent club. That's all the advice he gave.. Is this true?

New York City - Distant Light - 12-06-2016

Quote: (12-06-2016 05:31 AM)scorza Wrote:  

Im from Kuala Lumpur and i met a dude from Queens, New York on a short holiday in Malaysia while driving Uber. He mentioned that to party in New York and get the girls, you just need to open a bottle cuz its quite pricey to open a bottle in a decent club. That's all the advice he gave.. Is this true?

Short Answer...No

New York City - Tmart901 - 12-07-2016

Anybody going to be in soho or anywhere in nyc for New Years?

New York City - goonies - 12-13-2016

NYC quality can be hit or miss. It really depends. On some days, I don't see many. The next day i'll see tons of hotties. Same goes for the venues. Overall, NYC is better than LA if you like white girls. I'd be curious to try Texas.

New York City - Befikre - 12-13-2016

As slutty as the average NYC women may be, at least NYC women will smile at you on the street; give you some eye contact.

Central Park was nice. Female joggers with their ivy league shirts/hoodies running past you; subtly implying "look at me im important"

New York City - Naughty By Nature - 12-14-2016

Quote: (12-13-2016 04:32 PM)goonies Wrote:  

NYC quality can be hit or miss. It really depends. On some days, I don't see many. The next day i'll see tons of hotties. Same goes for the venues. Overall, NYC is better than LA if you like white girls. I'd be curious to try Texas.

I've noticed this, too. Really varies day to day. Like LA, a lot of fat women.

NYC kills LA for black women and Latinas, even though many are fat. A lot of each and we get Puerto Rican and Dominican women in NYC rather than Mexican women in LA.

New York City - Iso - 06-27-2017

What areas of NYC are the best to stay during the week? Anyone have list of good game venues for Weekdays?

New York City - Jetset - 06-27-2017

Quote: (06-27-2017 02:20 PM)Iso Wrote:  

What areas of NYC are the best to stay during the week? Anyone have list of good game venues for Weekdays?

As somebody who spends a lot of time in NYC, in my opinion, the best area to get people who have lives and are ready to chill and talk is basically a triangle around Union Square, Tompkins Square, Washington Square. You'll get a lot of NYU students and ordinary people with real jobs.

You could spend all night barhopping around Bleecker/Sullivan.

New York City - Ultimate Wingman - 06-27-2017

Quote: (06-27-2017 02:30 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2017 02:20 PM)Iso Wrote:  

As somebody who spends a lot of time in NYC, in my opinion, the best area to get people who have lives and are ready to chill and talk is basically a triangle around Union Square, Tompkins Square, Washington Square. You'll get a lot of NYU students and ordinary people with real jobs.

You could spend all night barhopping around Bleecker/Sullivan.

How would you compare this triangle to an area more focused on Soho?

I loved both Union Square and Soho the times I've been and just remember STREAMS of attractive women in both.

New York City - jselysianeagle - 06-28-2017

Quote: (06-27-2017 05:34 PM)Ultimate Wingman Wrote:  

I loved both Union Square and Soho the times I've been and just remember STREAMS of attractive women in both.

Have you ever been to Manhattan? Do you realize how dense and small it is? You can explore: Union Square, East Village, SoHo, TriBeCa, NoHo, Nolita, Meatpacking, Greenwich Village, West Village all by walking around in a few hours. Neighborhoods are literally 15-20 mins away on foot. Yes, that's how fuckin tiny lower Manhattan is (where these areas I listed are).

This is why it cracks me up when guys obsess about where to stay when they're in Manhattan, as if it fucking matters when the distances are so damn small, and it takes barely minutes to get from one neighborhood to another.

If this were LA, it'd be a different matter entirely.

New York City - Jetset - 06-28-2017

Understand that SoHo means, literally "South of Houston".

What is the next street south of Bleecker? Houston. That whole stretch from there down to Canal, you'll wander into it by accident hanging out in the area I mentioned. So, distinction without a difference.

What you don't want to do is be a typical out-of-town schlub and put yourself in some hotel on 50th Street gaming British tourists over poorly-made $22 spicy tuna rolls.

I would stay no further north than Madison Square Park. The tourist shitshow of phalanxes of fat people starts around 30th and up. Check out the Washington Square Hotel if you want an incredible location. It doesn't offer a ton of amenities but it's clean and historic, and sometimes the prices are pretty reasonable. There are also some cheap pod-hotel type places tucked away around there, too.

New York City - whiteknightrises - 06-29-2017

Quote: (06-28-2017 11:42 AM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Have you ever been to Manhattan? Do you realize how dense and small it is? You can explore: Union Square, East Village, SoHo, TriBeCa, NoHo, Nolita, Meatpacking, Greenwich Village, West Village all by walking around in a few hours. Neighborhoods are literally 15-20 mins away on foot. Yes, that's how fuckin tiny lower Manhattan is (where these areas I listed are).

This is why it cracks me up when guys obsess about where to stay when they're in Manhattan, as if it fucking matters when the distances are so damn small, and it takes barely minutes to get from one neighborhood to another.

If this were LA, it'd be a different matter entirely.

I would say that matters

The difference between a <5 min walk and a short cab ride can be significant for pulling

New York City - godzilla - 06-29-2017

When people are drinking they have no concept of time. A 30 min walk would be too far and you'd want to take a cab but if you're 15 mins away, just lie and say you're only like 5 mins away. Once your walking you just have to keep talking to her entertained. If the girl starts wondering if its any farther or something like that, just continue to lie and say "I swear we're like 2 blocks away".

New York City - whiteknightrises - 06-29-2017

Yea I'm talking the ideal logistical scenario

What you just said isn't as good as leaving the bar or club and literally walking a block

That kind if setup you could even go back and get another girl if you were keen

Also for the situations where people are sober (girl isn't that drunk, daygame, etc)

New York City - jselysianeagle - 06-30-2017

Quote: (06-29-2017 03:25 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

Yea I'm talking the ideal logistical scenario

What you just said isn't as good as leaving the bar or club and literally walking a block

That kind if setup you could even go back and get another girl if you were keen

Also for the situations where people are sober (girl isn't that drunk, daygame, etc)

I dunno man. Maybe that's been your experience. What me and my buddies over the years have experienced is that once a girl is willing to leave alone with you for your place, or ditch her crew and leave alone with you for another bar, she knows whats up and wants the D. It's literally never happened to me or anyone I know that midway through getting to my place a girl changed her mind because it was just 10 minutes too far, lol.

But anyway, if that's been your experience, I'm not goin to argue about it.

The only scenario where you would absolutely want to stay smack in the middle of a nightlife area like the EV/LES/MPD is if you plan on doing nightgame hard, several nights a week, not just weekends. In that case taking the train into the city and back to one of the outer boroughs late at night can be a pain, because at night they really become less frequent. Sure you can avail of cabs or Uber/Lyft etc. but that would add up quickly if you're using them every night to get around.

New York City - giorgio moroder - 07-02-2017

How else can you find a room to rent, besides craigslist?

New York City - TigerMandingo - 07-03-2017

This is a bit off topic from the current discussion but I just wanted to say this. I love NYC. I think it's an awesome place to game, hang out with friends, and chill. I go probably once a month or so because I love the atmosphere.

That being said, NYC has the most atrocious subway system of any major first-world city that I've been in. How this happened in the richest country in the world and the city it is often associated with - I have no idea. Trains never run on time, constant delays, and filthy as fuck. And the funny part is - it's getting WORSE haha. MTA is an abomination.

New York City - FLGuy1988 - 07-03-2017

I am curious about texas too and bigger southern cities (Houston, charlotte, ATL, dallas,) , I know these are a gem to game in and the women are friendlier and more responsive.