Roosh V Forum
"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: "10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". (/thread-41779.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Jack198 - 11-04-2014

Quote: (11-02-2014 08:01 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

"MNeezy10002 days ago

So, now in 2014 flirting is harassment??? GTFOH! Whether y'all see it or not, this is an advanced phase of the gentrification of NYC. Anti-urban/black/Hispanic male. Those of us who fit any of those categorical descriptions know that this is how we flirt and socialize throughout our upbringing. But these "people" come in, disrupt, destroy and buyout and whitewash our neighborhoods. And next thing you know their telling us we're wrong for being who we are. I hate them.

Notice too, when a wigger does this (someone like Eminem, early Mark Wahlberg, House of Pain lead rapper, etc.) there eventually comes a time when he's expected to grow out of it - essentially his peers look disapprovingly and imply that he should stop "acting black."

Now the busybodies have taken it a step further and are expecting the actual black guys to stop acting black. Hell, if a nosy Jewish broad doesn't like the way guys like that act, then she should stay the hell out of their neighborhood and go back to Greenwich Village.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - DrewP - 11-04-2014

Rational people are pointing out that starting a convo with someone on the street is not inherently immoral.

The feminists on my facebook feed are responding by saying "well why don't they start conversations with men too? It's because they WANT SOMETHING from the women they catcall!"

Uh, no shit. The men in the video wanted to fuck that chick. So what? It's an urge as natural as wanting to eat or sleep.

If you believe that greeting a stranger on the street is acceptable, and that wanting to fuck a woman is acceptable, then you shouldn't flip out about guys doing both simultaneously. In fact, that type of boldness is the reason you fucking exist. There was no fucking OKCupid when your parents or grandparents met. Don't get me wrong, these catcalling guys are running some terrible-ass game, but we shouldn't brand natural behavior that's sustained the human race for the last x thousand years as "harassment."

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Dusty - 11-04-2014

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - dholland662 - 11-04-2014

On a lighter note

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Libertas - 11-04-2014

Funny story. I saw a woman on the street today that kind of looked like the girl in the video (except thinner) and wearing some more revealing clothes. Two black guys looked up and down at her but didn't say anything. She got a bad opener by a white dog walker. That was it.

Women must get unwanted come-ons constantly right? I was surprised that one guy even tried to hit on her (very amateurishly, but an attempt nonetheless).

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - JWLZG - 11-05-2014

Quote: (11-04-2014 09:06 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Beat me to it.

Notice how, in spite of her avoiding any ethnic or working class enclaves, the 2 dudes approaching just happen to be foreign.

That said, Auckland has way less diverse ethnic diversity than NYC, it's actually a fail if they tried to replicate the 'white privilege' idea in the NYC vid.

She's above average by Kiwi standards, so that kind of subverts the whole 'ordeal of the average (white) women on the street' trope that SJWs love to rave on about.

Are we going to see a surge of copycat street harassment experiments? I'm looking forward the the London, Berlin, Shanghai, Buenos Aires and Durban versions.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - kazz - 11-05-2014

^^the Pyongyang version should be interesting.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Sombro - 11-05-2014

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Tuthmosis - 11-05-2014

Re-posted here after accidentally posting it in the Dunham thread. [Image: lol.gif]

Quote:Quote:

My ROK piece on this issue hit this morning, if you haven't already seen it.

Street Harassment Is A Myth Invented By Socially Retarded White Women

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - DannyAlberta - 11-05-2014

Quote: (11-05-2014 12:23 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

from the article:

The word “harassment” used to actually mean something, but today’s American woman is so sheltered and fragile that having to deal with men being interested in her or giving her sloppy (and often undeserved) compliments—if they’re not handsome enough—is a cause for panic.

change that bolded part to "if they're not obviously high-status enough" and, in a phrase, you will have diagnosed 99% of the problem.

the modern north american woman is so socially deficient, and supremely entitled that not only is she unable to deal with men she see's as "beneath her", she feels she shouldn't have to deal with them.

how quickly it all changes if the guy is deemed "worthy", however.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Dusty - 11-05-2014

Quote: (11-05-2014 12:30 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

from the article:

The word “harassment” used to actually mean something, but today’s American woman is so sheltered and fragile that having to deal with men being interested in her or giving her sloppy (and often undeserved) compliments—if they’re not handsome enough—is a cause for panic.

change that bolded part to "if they're not obviously high-status enough" and, in a phrase, you will have diagnosed 99% of the problem.

the modern north american woman is so socially deficient, and supremely entitled that not only is she unable to deal with men she see's as "beneath her", she feels she shouldn't have to deal with them.

That's why I'd love to see a well dressed good looking white guy with good game do a hidden camera YouTube spitting the same lines as the hollaback video.

Imagine how funny it would be for Paul Janka or someone like that to spit lines line "hey beautiful!" or "I just saw a thousand dollars!" And end up with digits. [Image: lol.gif]

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - CRR - 11-05-2014

Re-posted here after accidentally posting it in the Dunham thread. [Image: lol.gif]

From the title to the last line, A+ article.

The first picture of the scared woman is priceless, and I really like the comparison to it being a 'hood prank'.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Libertas - 11-05-2014

The article was indeed very good. I think I might want to contribute an article about this myself. Since I already made a video about it it would be pretty easy for me to do.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Soberane - 11-06-2014

Quote: (11-05-2014 12:46 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2014 12:30 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

from the article:

That's why I'd love to see a well dressed good looking white guy with good game do a hidden camera YouTube spitting the same lines as the hollaback video.

Imagine how funny it would be for Paul Janka or someone like that to spit lines line "hey beautiful!" or "I just saw a thousand dollars!" And end up with digits. [Image: lol.gif]
[Image: FliXHYE.gif]

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Felix88 - 11-06-2014

The parody videos are better.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Handsome Creepy Eel - 11-06-2014

[Image: laugh4.gif]

I love it how all the videos perfectly replicate the "2 minutes" and "5 minutes" points.

Also, "you can come and explore my batcave anytime" [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - kaotic - 11-06-2014

The original video is being trolled so hard as a joke haha.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - michelin - 11-06-2014

Quote: (10-28-2014 01:38 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Reminds me of the street harassment vids of European women being harrassed Muslims.

News to white women: If you don't like being hit on by men from different races/cultures, move.

Spot on. It seems feminists have found an "easy way" to impose their harrassment-and-rape bullshit on policy makers, authorities and governments worldwide.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - michelin - 11-06-2014

Excellent video with Tom Brady. Found this in the comment section of Tuth's latest ROK article.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - lovejoy - 11-06-2014

Damn, I was harassed today, I was out walking my dog minding my own damn business and this leggy blond gives me a huge smile and "Good Morning" as I'm picking up his dump.
The frigging nerve of some women, I felt violated and my dog was embarrassed being seen in mid squat.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Dusty - 11-06-2014

Street Harassment Isn’t About Sexism—It’s About Privilege
Kay Hymowitz @KayHymowitz Nov. 4, 2014

Americans would rather talk about almost anything other than class. Even today as income inequality and racial and gender disparities dominate the headlines, even among the tell-all Millennials, class is quarantined from the arena of respectable conversation.

The latest example of this stubborn truism emerged after a video showing the catcalling torment young women face on city streets was posted on YouTube. Many viewers noticed that in the two-minute video by the activist group Hollaback!, condensed from a single woman’s 10 hour walk around New York City, all of the offending men were black and Hispanic. They chastised the creators for creating the appearance that white men don’t do this sort of thing, which led ultimately to an apology from Rob Bliss the video producer.

To say that Bliss was being disingenuous is putting it mildly. In a little noticed item on the website of the alternative magazine Mass Appeal Chris Moore did a little sleuthing and found that more than half of the shots used in the film appeared to be shot on 125th Street in Harlem, a predominately poor, black neighborhood. Much of the rest were shot near Times Square and Canal Street, neither area what anyone would call genteel. You have to give Bliss this much credit: He knew what he and very few other people are willing to admit. Street harassment is largely a class thing. In New York, at any rate, that means it’s also a race thing.

Now before anyone tweets about the pasty skinned guys from Morgan Stanley who whisper nasty somethings in her ear when she’s on line at the Financial District Starbucks, let’s get the obvious on the table: Street harassers can come in all colors and sport all kinds of pedigrees. Without a doubt, there are white guys in Brooks Brothers or Zegna who will ruin a girl’s morning with an unwelcome suggestion for where on her body he would like to deposit his bodily fluids.

Still. These bespoke brutes may not be a rare breed, but they’re just not common enough to spoil a good 10 hour walk along the Upper East Side. Young women who tense up as they approach a construction site know full well that walking past the guys who drive the fork lift will almost surely result in some unwanted attention; walking past the architects who are pouring over the blueprints probably won’t.

The catcalling gap will make sense to anyone who has noticed that middle class men and women tend to have a different physical and sexual presentation than their less privileged peers. Psychologists have long known that there are marked class differences in child rearing that can explain this. Preparing their children for office and stable domestic life, middle class parents have always nudged their children to display what was once known as “bourgeois propriety.” The term doesn’t seem to fit an America where, as the “Advice Goddess” Amy Alkon has said, even “nice people say f–k.” But middle class homes continue to encourage their children to use their “inside voices,” to demonstrate bodily self-discipline (one reason obesity has become a class marker), to play nice, and to soften the rough edges of male physicality. They ban toy guns from their homes and petition schools to prohibit dodgeball and other “human target” games.

Lower income parents tend to be less “proper” in their childrearing, dispensing more physical punishment and shrugging off rough and tumble play. The difference shows up in school where lower income kids, particularly boys, have more trouble sitting still, paying attention, and keeping quiet; educators consistently report they have more behavior problems. It should come as no surprise that these same boys grow up to become men who are more blatantly, and for middle class women especially, more obnoxiously, interested in every passing young thing. In rare but important instances this goes well beyond obnoxious; lower income men (and women) are also more likely than middle class to be involved in domestic violence disputes.

The catcalling gap creates some cognitive dissonance for promoters of the idea of “white male privilege.” If men of color and working class dudes are the biggest offenders, then middle class (mostly white) are the good — or at least the less bad — guys. Middle class men may no longer open doors for women or help them carry heavy suitcases, but most of them would be mortified to hear a friend shout “Hey baby; shake that thing!” to passing strangers as they rush to take their poli-sci class or make their 10 a.m. project meeting.

That raises the question of how the disproportionately white campus has become the site where so many men behave badly. That’s easy to answer. Put middle class men in a frat house with flowing kegs, and their manners melt into a boozy puddle. That’s exactly the point of the whole exercise. People —men and women — drink because it feels good to shed their inhibitions, to say the sorts of things of which their parents might not approve and do things their daytime, classroom selves may wonder at.

Ironically, then, Hollaback!’s video suggests that privilege belongs to white middle class women as much as their male classmates. For all of the myriad problems they face in a college sex scene drenched in alcohol, women students can walk the ivy paths with minimum of hassle (unless they pass by the guys building the new student center with yoga studio and state of the art fitness center). When they move to a chaotic, multicultural city, however, especially if they venture into Harlem and Times Square, they find themselves bumping up against all types — blue collar and poor men, immigrants and children of immigrants, men whose parents may not have raised them to treat women with the sort of restraint their own brothers and fathers do. And they don’t like it one bit.

Even Rob Bliss — especially Rob Bliss! — has to know there’s not much anyone can do about it. Unless they’re willing to see a lot more minority men hassled by the police.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - Dusty - 11-07-2014

This guy tries "harassing" women, instead he makes their day:

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - zaqan - 11-07-2014

I love these parodies. Its like when Shit whatever Says got copied by everyone. Soon it will completely annihilate the message and become a funny meme.

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - dholland662 - 11-07-2014

Quote: (11-07-2014 12:03 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

This guy tries "harassing" women, instead he makes their day:

When you have a bitch face but good tna, guys react accordingly. Who knew?

"10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman" video supposedly exposes "street harassment". - dholland662 - 11-07-2014

Quote: (11-06-2014 12:26 PM)michelin Wrote:  

Quote: (10-28-2014 01:38 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Reminds me of the street harassment vids of European women being harrassed Muslims.

News to white women: If you don't like being hit on by men from different races/cultures, move.

Spot on. It seems feminists have found an "easy way" to impose their harrassment-and-rape bullshit on policy makers, authorities and governments worldwide.

It's really not correct in that context. Considering that the Muslim immigrants are a huge problem in Europe in general and should leave.