Roosh V Forum
Anybody here own a firearm? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody here own a firearm? (/thread-23927.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anybody here own a firearm? - sonoran_ - 10-17-2016

bought my first gun, JR Carbine Marine version (.40 S&W). Spent more than my budget but I consider it an investment.

Did not realize how hard it is to find land to shoot on, however. WTF

Anybody here own a firearm? - ms224 - 10-17-2016

How hard is it to get a SIG540 in Canada?

Anybody here own a firearm? - Spectral_Observer - 10-18-2016

I just bought my very first suppressor and overall my very first NFA item. Just really hope I can get my hands on it before WW3 kicks off, but hopefully Trump wins and deescalates that situation.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Adonis - 10-19-2016

Quote: (10-18-2016 11:45 PM)Spectral_Observer Wrote:  

I just bought my very first suppressor and overall my very first NFA item. Just really hope I can get my hands on it before WW3 kicks off, but hopefully Trump wins and deescalates that situation.

Trusts are looking like 7 mo right now, you should be fine.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-19-2016

Quote: (10-17-2016 10:03 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

bought my first gun, JR Carbine Marine version (.40 S&W). Spent more than my budget but I consider it an investment.

Over here you used to be able to get a permit to hunt on "crown land" (the term makes me sick).

A lot of guys that didn't want to pay membership for a shooting range would just get that permit and then go find a quiet spot to do their shooting drills. If a ranger hassled them then they would say they were "sighting in the gun".

Having said that, I suspect when a ranger hears rapid fire shooting they probably find some other place to be.

Anybody here own a firearm? - vinman - 10-19-2016

I may be picking up 2 new guns tomorrow. A Smith & Wesson M&P 9L, and a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard. I just found an AR15 stripped lower, lower parts kit, and a pistol buffer kit. I forgot that I had it. I was looking to build a pistol chambered in .300 AAC.

Anybody here own a firearm? - tawm - 10-19-2016

Quote: (10-19-2016 01:01 PM)vinman Wrote:  

I may be picking up 2 new guns tomorrow. A Smith & Wesson M&P 9L, and a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard. I just found an AR15 stripped lower, lower parts kit, and a pistol buffer kit. I forgot that I had it. I was looking to build a pistol chambered in .300 AAC.

I'd recommend purchasing a KAK Shockwave Blade. It's a pistol brace that somehow stays within the law despite its appearance. Get the kit that includes the buffer tube and you can use the set screw to put it at whatever position you want. And as far as uppers go, stay the hell away from Radical Firearms.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sonoran_ - 10-19-2016

Quote: (10-19-2016 01:20 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2016 10:03 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

Over here you used to be able to get a permit to hunt on "crown land" (the term makes me sick).

A lot of guys that didn't want to pay membership for a shooting range would just get that permit and then go find a quiet spot to do their shooting drills. If a ranger hassled them then they would say they were "sighting in the gun".

Having said that, I suspect when a ranger hears rapid fire shooting they probably find some other place to be.

yes here it is also called crown land and I agree with your hatred with this term. I asked my friend who is studying urban development where I can find crown land and he said, " Techincally everywhere is crown land, even your own property is crown land, they can take it away if they want."

It's so true but it makes you realize how important the freedom to own "private property" is. There is no such thing as private property.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Cattle Rustler - 10-19-2016

I thought you homies were already free from that bitch queen Elizabeth.

So you're your own country now but the land still belongs to her? Fuck me sideways.

Anybody here own a firearm? - tawm - 10-19-2016

Also @vinman, if you're going 300blk but have no ammo or other firearms you can use as a "main", I'd just stick to 5.56. 300blk is a fantastic round for SBRs, but it's expensive, uncommon, and not critically better than 5.56. Get on Palmetto State Armory and take advantage of those sales on bulk ammo and uppers.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-20-2016

Quote: (10-19-2016 06:55 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

yes here it is also called crown land and I agree with your hatred with this term. I asked my friend who is studying urban development where I can find crown land and he said, " Techincally everywhere is crown land, even your own property is crown land, they can take it away if they want."

It's so true but it makes you realize how important the freedom to own "private property" is. There is no such thing as private property.

Your friend is wrong in several senses. You would have national reserves, and there are definitely ways to hunt legally in Canada. You should probably contact a hunting club and ask if you can stop by one day to ask them a few questions about the where, when and what of hunting in your region. Meanwhile land you own is still your property. Typically in most western nations the government reserves the right to access the natural resources below your feet but they can't take your land without enacting their eminent domain laws as they typically do when building a new highway or an airport, and in any case they have to pay you something approaching market value for the land.

Quote: (10-19-2016 06:57 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I thought you homies were already free from that bitch queen Elizabeth.

So you're your own country now but the land still belongs to her? Fuck me sideways.

It's a holdover term. England has no special authority over it. It's just another way of saying "federal".

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-20-2016

Quote: (10-19-2016 07:54 PM)tawm Wrote:  

Also @vinman, if you're going 300blk but have no ammo or other firearms you can use as a "main", I'd just stick to 5.56. 300blk is a fantastic round for SBRs, but it's expensive, uncommon, and not critically better than 5.56. Get on Palmetto State Armory and take advantage of those sales on bulk ammo and uppers.

300blk is better if you're planning on exclusively using subsonic ammo and you want a larger projectile than the typical 5.56 offerings.

Combined with a suppressor I've read that you can shoot it comfortably without earmuffs all day long.

If you reload your own ammo then you can also make the 300blk cases out of old 5.56 cases.

edit: Medium to close range only. Subsonic rounds drop like rocks. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 10-20-2016

Recently got idea of purchasing black powder revolver for a first gun. Law in Croatia is clear, you don't need permit, you just need to take it to police so they can write you up.
They are relatively cheap and have this "cool factor".
I like Colt Navy .36 or Army .44, even Walker replicas made by Uberti. Just look at those things:

Navy

[Image: A_1476805091.jpg]

Army

[Image: A_1476806071.jpg]

Walker

[Image: A_1476804917.jpg]

Anyone have experience with these types of weapons?

Anybody here own a firearm? - polar - 10-20-2016

^ zero experience, but Google led me to an interesting article on black powder pistol reproductions by some dude who does reenactments. Apparently a. 44 Army slug has the same starting velocity as a. 45. Pretty impressive.

http://www.geojohn.org/BlackPowder/bps1Mobile.html

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 10-20-2016

Imagine the damage from these bullets back in their day with bullet with no jacket and maybe some trapped bubbles in it. It was probably devastating to the body.

Anybody here own a firearm? - weambulance - 10-20-2016

I don't have much experience with black powder revolvers, but I have plenty with regular revolvers. You're going to want something with a top strap (the metal strip above the cylinder), like the Remington 1858 reproductions. It's a much stronger frame than the open topped Colt Navy style above.

The Remington 1858 design allows for fast cylinder changes for reloading, so that's nice. Not all 1858 reproductions incorporate that feature from the factory though. The Piettas do, pretty sure the Ruger Old Army revolvers don't, not sure about the Ubertis or other makers.

A soft lead ball from a 44 caliber black powder pistol is probably about like a mid-range hollowpoint from a 9mm pistol, in terms of wounding potential. Hard balls will act like about like a 40 S&W FMJ, with less penetration, a slightly larger hole, and no significant bullet deformation or fragmentation in the body. Harder lead = less barrel fouling and probably better accuracy as well (to a point) so it's all about compromise, as usual.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 10-21-2016

Thanks for clarification. Here is 1858 from Uberti from same page I took these three photos:

[Image: A_1476805651.jpg]

How is cylinder removed on this gun? Is it like in modern revolvers where it just flips out on the side and you remove it from the shaft that is holding it?

Edit: saw the video, very fast indeed

Anybody here own a firearm? - vinman - 10-21-2016

Quote: (10-19-2016 06:45 PM)tawm Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2016 01:01 PM)vinman Wrote:  

I'd recommend purchasing a KAK Shockwave Blade. It's a pistol brace that somehow stays within the law despite its appearance. Get the kit that includes the buffer tube and you can use the set screw to put it at whatever position you want. And as far as uppers go, stay the hell away from Radical Firearms.

Done!!!

Anybody here own a firearm? - DamienCasanova - 10-21-2016

Quote: (10-10-2016 12:47 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Assuming you're in the US then a small .357 is not a good way to go IMO.

Revolvers are the 5 to 6 shot version of a muzzle loader. Reloads are bulky to carry and/or slow to use. They have been utterly surpassed by automatics, no matter what the wheelgun aficionados will tell you.

This is advice from someone who loves revolvers and owns several. They are a relic.

Buy a compact semi auto, rated for high power ammo if you're keen on stopping power (.357 is great, but it's also huge). You will win on weight. You will win on conceal-ability. You will win on comfort. You will win on usability. You will win on holster options and lasers/lights/sights/extended mags and all other accssories. You will only lose a bit on power but considering that only hits count that might also be negated by a decent quality semi auto pistol.

Seriously. Revolvers are cool, but self defense is not a fashion contest.

It's good to have a revolver in case you need to "keep the shells", and even something small like a .22 up close will do the job.

Otherwise if you've got a CWP, a slim 9mm is the best bet for carrying IMO. You can get a good one like an inch wide that is barely noticeable under clothes.

I just picked up this beast. Ruger Mini-14
[Image: 5846.jpg]

Anybody here own a firearm? - Laner - 10-31-2016

How do rifles imported into Canada stop us from using larger magazines?

I have my grandfathers M1 and want to pick up some larger capacity magazines from the US.

Also some of the SKS and Robinson's here only hold 5+1. Seems like a 'dont ask, dont tell' situation.

Anybody here own a firearm? - ed pluribus unum - 10-31-2016

Quote: (10-31-2016 02:04 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I have my grandfathers M1 and want to pick up some larger capacity magazines from the US.

Also some of the SKS and Robinson's here only hold 5+1. Seems like a 'dont ask, dont tell' situation.

There's no modification to the rifle, it's just that any mag for a centrefire semi-automatic long gun is limited to 5 rounds (10 rounds for handguns, centre- or rimfire). The big takeaway is, don't get caught with an overcapacity mag. That was the issue recently with the 25-round mags that fit the Ruger 10/22; they also fit the Ruger Charger pistol,so all of a sudden they realised they had to classify the mags as prohibited.

It's not worth trying to import an un-pinned mag either; if you get caught crossing the border with it, you could be facing criminal charges, since guns and prohibited devices seem to be flavour of the month with the Feds. If you really want a proper capacity mag for the Garand there's youtube vids showing youhow to unpin certain brands of magazines, but I hope you have a nice back 40 to shoot in, because I would not place 100% in trust the membership of the local ranges to not get turned in by some stoolie.

Anybody here own a firearm? - weambulance - 11-01-2016

Are you talking about an M1 Carbine or an M1A? Or, I dunno, an M1 Thompson? Why the hell they named so many different things "M1" is beyond me. I assume you do not mean a Garand since Garands don't use magazines.

There's no way to stop a gun that takes external magazines from taking a magazine of any practical capacity that can be engineered to work reliably. That's why they did that bullet button bullshit in California, to make it much slower to reload.

Internal magazine weapons have some kind of mechanical block, typically, limiting the movement of the magazine follower. They have varying degrees of permanence, from "remove a piece of plastic" to "grind/drill out brazed-in pins". It's nearly always preferable to add some kind of block to the existing internal magazine than try to replace it, because aftermarket parts are often shit in the reliability department.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Laner - 11-01-2016

Yeah its the M1 Carbine.

Anybody here own a firearm? - weambulance - 11-01-2016

Do you want higher capacity because it's better for defense, or just because? I ask because it's probably way more trouble than it's worth if you want to use the M1 Carbine as a defensive tool.

Anybody here own a firearm? - DamienCasanova - 11-01-2016

Is that M1 Carbine a .30 Cal? I got one that was my Grandfather's service rifle, and that's an amazing gun, great for any number of things. It's light for a rifle, extremely accurate at long distances and very reliable. I got some great 30rd steel mags from Korea that work wonderfully with it. I think the only problem with the high capacity mags is that you don't shoot TOO MUCH ammo through those old guns too fast and burn them out or overheat them. But otherwise, I think the M1 Carbine is one of the finest rifles ever made.

Since it's technically a family heirloom and an antique, you may not have to worry about laws preventing you getting high cap mags for it since it's not registered in an FFL database. But I don't know much about Canada's gun laws so don't quote me.

I got my accessories from CDNN and classicfirearms.com, and you might as well get a sling and a bayonet for it as well if you can. SG Ammo has some great deals on .30 cal ammo as well, Aguila works well for mine or i've used Tulammo or Prvi Partizan

http://www.cdnnsports.com
http://www.classicfirearms.com
http://www.sgammo.com

I just got a new M1A actually, the Socom 16 QCB, a new take on the M1 Garand with a shortened barrel made for close quarters combat

I think this is my new favorite gun, in .308Win this thing is a panty/body dropper
[Image: AA9611_1200x306.png]
http://www.springfield-armory.com/produc...om-16-cqb/