Roosh V Forum
The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet (/thread-29228.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Satoshi - 07-06-2016

My airbnb was really nice, but expensive, 850USD for two weeks.

FYI, one months membership at golds gym is 3500TWD, I managed to negotiate two weeks for 2000TWD. Also ridiculously expensive but really nice gym with great sauna and "hot spring".

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - UnW - 07-09-2016

Quote: (06-22-2016 09:30 AM)Denzel Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2016 02:25 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Chess has closed, there are rumors it will come back at ATT.

For those living in Taipei...Is Chess coming back or still closed? Where is a good place to go for after-hours just in case Elektro etc does not work out?

Chess has reopened inside ATT, I believe its next to Myst now, place is still tiny as before but now has a $1000 entry fee.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Adrenaline - 07-15-2016

Just read through this entire thread, intriguing stuff. Add Teipei to my extensive list of cities to visit in the near future.

Didn't realise Taiwan had over 20 million people, the same as Australia, even though it's only a microscopic fraction of its size.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - CodyB - 07-15-2016

I'm in the process of booking a trip to Taipei in September. Let me know if you want to catch up/come with. I'll be based in bkk.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Adrenaline - 07-15-2016

I probably won't be heading to Taipei that soon, but will keep you in mind if anything changes.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Robert Plant - 07-15-2016

Does anyone know a club or bars that might be decent on a Tuesday night?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - UnW - 08-13-2016

Last Tuesday night there was a stabbing at the night club WAVE at att4fun: http://m.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/...810/925694

Two stabbed and one person died.

I was at att last night and noticed a huge squad of around 40 or so cops going around and entering all the clubs. Maybe they are performing the raids again?

I think the next couple of months could be lame for the nightlife around att similarly to how things were after the undercover cop murder at Spark 2 years ago.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - dads - 08-24-2016

Doing preliminary planning for a trip I'm making. I plan on hitting Taipei (in addition to Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand) for a month. What are my options in terms of finding a place to stay for a month? I've been looking at rent prices to get a close idea, and the estimation seems to be 500USD for a place in the city centre. Thanks for the help guys.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - the-dream - 08-24-2016

I was in Taipei for a stopover for couple of days and can say it's a very underrated city on this forum. Lots of beautiful and easy enough girls, cool nightlife, nice people, good transportation, everything is clean and safe and it's cheaper than Western Europe.

I could see myself living a Southeast Asian city type lifestyle here without the poverty, chaos and stresses that come with a less developed place. I had no intention of going there and zero expectations (the cheapest flight for my route just stopped over there) but I was very impressed and I'll definitely be back!

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - UnW - 09-19-2016

So few updates, as of last week Halo inside ATT4FUN has now been renamed H Nightclub. Also this happened a while ago but Roxy99 has been revamped into "The Beat"

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Afarang - 10-17-2016

Anyone have recs on hotels/airbnb or the best location to stay currently? Under $100us/night.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - jj90 - 10-17-2016

Quote: (10-17-2016 07:21 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

Anyone have recs on hotels/airbnb or the best location to stay currently? Under $100us/night.

Are things that bad after the king's death that you aren't heading back to Thailand?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Afarang - 10-17-2016

Just doing a visa run with a friend who is visiting me.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Dansure - 11-01-2016

I am heading to Taipei tomorrow for 5 days.

Two questions:
- Which clubs do you recommend to go? Since there seemed to be some changes since the initial post here.
- Are there love motels like in Japan and Korea? I have flatmates so I can't take any chick back to my place.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Cyclone - 11-02-2016

Quote: (08-24-2016 05:08 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

I was in Taipei for a stopover for couple of days and can say it's a very underrated city on this forum. Lots of beautiful and easy enough girls, cool nightlife, nice people, good transportation, everything is clean and safe and it's cheaper than Western Europe.

I could see myself living a Southeast Asian city type lifestyle here without the poverty, chaos and stresses that come with a less developed place. I had no intention of going there and zero expectations (the cheapest flight for my route just stopped over there) but I was very impressed and I'll definitely be back!

Agreed.. I stopped by there for a bit and was shocked at how modern and efficient everything is. I think Americans somehow view Taiwain as like a "2nd world" country of sorts; just Skyped with a friend who was living in a 2nd tier city and he said the buses are *free*, completely. Too bad the money is not as good as mainland China XD

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Gpx90210 - 11-02-2016

Yeah, cool. All of this shit is fine and great.

I'll be there for one day, 12 hours on a long lay over in 2 weeks. Best place to pick up a horny chick? No time for BS.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Gpx90210 - 11-02-2016

Quote: (09-24-2015 09:53 AM)HankRearden Wrote:  

Quote: (09-04-2015 03:36 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Taipei is dope. Dress sharp. Be aggressive in approaching. High energy. Lots of smiles.

You'll clean shop.

I think I went 1/3 on the nights I went out, but I was having too much fun and just chilling and drinking. Jetlag didn't help.

I have all new fashion-forward gear from LA (rolled up sleeves, contrast lining) that will absolutely massacre it.

Last time I was rocking a blazer/slacks/loafers and girls came up to me to take pictures of ME. My girl was like WTF. Some chick basically threw herself at me in the club. Asian student girls were all eye-fking me. Its truly something else.

Only thing is what is up w/these crackdowns by police? Anybody know whats going on?

Thanks for this - in light of your comments I'm about to reorganise my suitcase for tomorrow's trip.

I figured it was like standard SE Asia where my denim shirt is more than enough, but if it's blazer time then I like that even more.

A good blazer ALWAYS fucking kills it man. Especially if you have swag. Were you wearing dark jeans with blazer and button up? Or legit slacks?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Suits - 11-07-2016

City Size

I'm trying to understand how big Taipei is and what type of travel time I should expect when commuting about the city.

Here is a map of the area with MRT service.

[Image: f5rhTzE.jpg]

It's about 20km wide, and 30km high.

It extends outside of Taipei city and into Taipei County (New Taipei).

[Image: taiwan_map.jpg]

Does the first map (which shows the range of the MRT system) represent virtually all of the areas of Taipei that a man would want and need to go (without literally leaving town)?

Is the Taipei city area essentially the expensive, downtown area that all major cities have, whereas Taipei County (New Taipei) is the suburb area where affordable housing can be found?

Motorbikes

I use an electric scooter in Beijing, which is the same size as a motorbike, but doesn't require any maintenance other than new batteries every 9 months a brake pad changes every 3-6 months. How much maintenance would a motorbike require if used regularly on Taipei streets?

How much would it cost to buy a use/new motorbike?

Do you need to have a driver's license/registration/insurance?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 11-07-2016

Your observations are mostly correct, but strictly speaking the "relevant" areas of Taipei are all within the river boundaries and more affordable housing can be found as soon as you leave that area.

It goes without saying that you will need a driver's license but I am not clear on the details, I'm not mad enough to drive anything on two wheels here, though if you're coming battle tested from Beijing you'll probably think it's a walk in the park here. They came out with the Gogoro electric scooter last year here and hyped it up heavily, but I have no idea how much they cost and how convenient they are in reality.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Cyclone - 11-10-2016

Quote: (11-07-2016 09:38 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I use an electric scooter in Beijing,

How much would it cost to buy a use/new motorbike?
Do you need to have a driver's license/registration/insurance?

I'm pretty sure you could rent a motorbike for a couple weeks in the beginning, during your transitionary period (if you were to actually settle there). Taiwan is one of the countries approved on AAA's International Permit, so you'd be allowed to drive there for 1 year, but you'd have to have someone mail the permit to you.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Dansure - 11-13-2016

I have finally bin in Taipei for the first time and here are my impressions:

First of all I was very positively surprised by the country. The people are all very nice and it has a very layed back, chilled atmosphere (as long as you don't work there). It was November and the weather was perfect in my opinion.

Day 1 - Elektro:
Went to Elektro. Befriended some guys with a table and had some drinks with them. I don't remember how, but I ended up grinding very heavily with a girl on the dancefloor. We agreed to leave the place together for a motel. I was almost in the taxi when a dude and another friend of her came and clockblocked me. I was fighting with the dude while her friend pulled her into the taxi and they left. Sucked! But one night almost a pull not bad.

Day 2 - Elektro:
I agreed to meet with the guys from the previos night and join their table. We did some approaches but the club was too packed and there were too many dudes. I definitely recommend to go to this club on Wednesdays when its ladies night. I exchanged numbers with a girl that I met around the end of the night, but it didn't result in anything.

Day 4 - Room19:
After resting for a day I went out solo, this time to Room19. The Hip Hop area was empty af. The club was overall pretty empty. I see this chick drinking alone at the bar. I approach. She says she is in Taipei on vacation with her bf, but they had a fight and he left her on the middle of the street. We have a drink together. I game her and she is ready to go with me. She takes another zip of her drink and passes the fuck out. Shit. Left her on the dancefloor drunk and continue. I see this group of chicks with tattoos ordering shit loads of tequila. They are all quite hot. I approach, game the wrong one at first since her friend seems to be more into me. We switch to the friend but it was too late, I should have approached her first. We end up dancing and drinking together, but eventually i just left.
I am getting pretty drunk and chill at the bar. Girl that sits in front of me starts to rub her legs on my dig. I ask if she is a hooker or some shit, she just smiles and continues. She grabs my dick in the middle of the club and starts jerking me off. I think some people saw it so she stops. I pass out, take a cab home. What a weird night.

Day 5 - Tinder date:
Met a tinder date i texted with the previous day in the club. She was alright, a 7, nice boobs for a good ass for an Asian chick. Went for a drink and I kept telling her it would be nicer to chill at a motel, since i am very hung over. She is reluctant at first, but i just google a motel and keep walking to that direction while we talk. Google Maps doesn't work well, so fuck it, as we talk I call for Uber. She wonders what is going on, but agrees to get into the car with me. We get off at the motel. There we chill for a bit, and then start making out. Bang. Got my flag on the last day. I come way to fast and she has to leave since she has an exam on the next day. I banged her a second time and took her to the next station, had McDonalds and that was the end of my trip.

5 days - 1 tinder bang - 1 almost pull - 1 chick jerking me off on the dance floor. Not bad, I think I am going back to Taipei again. However, the quality of girls is overall not so high. Especially if you compare to Korea where I am right now. Still, there are some hot ones here and there and especially in the clubs on Wedensdays. Tinder is definitely your friend in Taipei.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - travolta - 11-16-2016

Does anybody know if there are any areas in Taipei where you can find European girls? I assume university areas would be best. I've been many times but never cared to look. Tokyo has a decent amount of Russian/Eastern European models but I'm not sure about Taipei. Once in the street by 101 I met a Russian model, but only once. Thanks for any insight. Can discuss over PM too.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Afarang - 11-20-2016

I'll be in Taipei next week, will check out a few of the clubs and give an overview when I'm back.

Does Taipei have a big bar scene or places to drink before you hit the clubs?

Any one got good food recs near Zhongshan?

Finally, is there anything to see nearby Taiepei? Like day-trips etc?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - UnW - 12-18-2016

Quote: (11-16-2016 02:30 AM)travolta Wrote:  

Does anybody know if there are any areas in Taipei where you can find European girls? I assume university areas would be best. I've been many times but never cared to look. Tokyo has a decent amount of Russian/Eastern European models but I'm not sure about Taipei. Once in the street by 101 I met a Russian model, but only once. Thanks for any insight. Can discuss over PM too.

Universities for sure, NTU, NTNU, NCCU, TKU etc. all have a fair number of European girls, The Gongguan area would be a good bet, however in my case, I mainly met them through University social circle and clubs.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - yankeetravels - 01-13-2017

Hello everybody. I wanted to make my post here good and useful so I thought I would provide a mini datasheet or at least a recap of my experiences for the one country I had some experience in: Taiwan.

This topic hasn't been updated much and I noticed this isn't a country that doesn't get a lot of love on the forum but honestly, I had a really good time here.

My info

I'm a 6'4 white guy from the United States that is 22 years old. Short brown hair, blue eyes, average build. Speak 0 Mandarin and was in the country for 18 days (8 in Taipei which the majority of this will be focused on).

I was with a friend that has family in Taiwan and grew up in the United States that could speak the language. He was Taiwanese so he definitely helped me get more involved in the culture but he had a girlfriend at the time so that became problematic later which I'll explain when the time comes. Also, we were there towards the end of May of 2016, which my friend said was perfect to beat the tourist rush.

Everything but Taipei

I just wanted to quickly point out some observations I noticed about the country as a whole. This is pretty general but the farther south I was, the less people could speak English. Even with my friend's family, I could have very limited conversation because of the language barrier but they were very nice people.

We were staying with his family through the first third of the trip to save hotel costs and get the cultural experience. I'd say we got both successfully. We were in Kaohsiung, Tainan, Sun Moon Lake, Taichung, and Hualien before Taipei.

I'd say the highlight was Hualien but don't go there expecting to find girls. Very small area and it's more of a nature stop but absolutely worth it if you're into nature views. Taroko National Park, the beach with an impeccable mountain view, and the bike riding around the town were great on their own.

Sun Moon Lake was interesting too but it's on the expensive side and kind of a tourist trap. The memories I have there are mainly the mountains literally right next to our hotel along with the locals at the hotel. I still remember these middle-aged Asian guys offered me a ton of free shots of Taiwanese whiskey literally just because I was the only foreigner there (and probably one of the rare ones they've seen). Also talked to a girl that worked there but the language barrier was noticeable and the guys kind of made me look like more of a drunk than I really was giving me free shots right in front of her (as a drinker I could not turn that down so no regrets).

Now for the minorities on this forum, here are my observations for you. I found it really rare to see a black, hispanic, or Indian person in this country. I saw one black dude and none of the latter the whole time I was there and no locals I talked to really gave me a judgment on that. For the Asians, status for lighter skin is definitely a thing in this country. Based on tolerance of culture, I would say Japanese guys could probably find the most success here of Asians because the locals all seem to think very highly of that country. The hardest in Taipei would probably be for the native Chinese. EVERY local I talked to had something negative to say about China and their mainland tourists which isn't really surprising if you know the history of these two countries. I only had one interaction with mainlanders but I'll say they were probably the most beta group of guys I met at a bar there but still nice dudes to me at least.

Girls in Taipei

If you're looking for day game notes, I didn't really do any of that since I was either sightseeing, with a hook up, or my friend during that time span so I never really got that chance.

My main success in Taipei came from Tinder. Late in the first night, I matched with a girl that agreed to meet me the next day. She was about a 6 with probably the best combination of tight and wet pussy I have ever had (definitely a nice bonus). We meet the next afternoon and walk around the night market. After we finish, I tell her let's hang around my neighborhood and we can walk around there so we take the train back.

Now my hotel was five minutes walking distance from Taipei Main Station so I honestly thought I gave myself great logistics despite not being right next door to the bars because that is pretty much the only station that connects with every line. This made it very easy for my girls to meet where I wanted them to (both coming between 30-60 min to see me).

Back to the first girl. I ask my friend if he can leave the room for a bit and I use the excuse to get more beer for the room to get her back up. Five minutes in, I escalate to a make-out and when I try to escalate more, she originally says she doesn't want to have sex. Typical LMR on this forum, but I decide to say ok originally and tell her we can just fool around. Then, I decide to start fingering her and she seems really turned on by this. I keep that up for a few minutes and she cums once so I decide to try for sex again. I found this next part hilarious looking back at it but she's basically mad I turned her on enough to get her to have sex when I take off her panties. I do some more talking to tell her this is just a natural thing and that she shouldn't have a defeated attitude about it, so that leads to some enjoyable sex (but we both know I won).

The next move I make with her is probably something not a lot of forum members would do, but I actually did want to go sightseeing and experience more of the culture and the girl offers to take me to a few places (and I liked her tight/wet pussy) so I basically let her stick around the next couple of days. She took me to places that I would have never found on my own that were honestly beautiful and I got to have more sex with her before and/or after so I basically got a tour guide with benefits [Image: wink.gif]. I'll take that as a win.

Now I'm getting near the end of my trip so I wanted to get at least one more new lay. I talk to this other girl a day or two prior on Tinder and we agree to meet on my last night. We meet at Taipei Main and this girl was a little thicker but she had an ass that I really liked grabbing. Probably 5-6 depending on if you're an ass guy and what type you like.

Anyway, we meet and I notice in the first half hour she's pretty cold to me so I wasn't confident at first this would be another bang. But, after dinner there's a big change in momentum before we even drink. Trying to find a dive bar to go to, she starts to get all over me. Probably could've taken her right there but my logistics were not secure because my friend got sick that day, so I had to get a 2-hour room and I wasn't confident that'd fly over well sober.

We get to this dive bar and drink a bit to at least get a nice buzz (I'll get into that place next section). I figure out the reason why she seemed to get a lot warmer with me is because I apparently came out better than my profile looked and that I took her to a local place to eat. I had no idea how much points this got me until I got to the dive bar because she told me a few foreigners would just take her to an American place like McDonald's or something. Now I didn't take her anywhere fancy, just a noodle place that costs maybe $5 a meal. Apparently some expats don't even make the effort to which I found kind of sad to be honest.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I respect the fellas that can get the bang without leaving their hotel room or just over a cup of coffee. This is more towards the guys that go for American food with a girl when local food is even cheaper. This came naturally to me because I love Asian food and I can eat McDonald's at home. Anyway, we flirt at the bar and end up giving each other shoulder massages at an outdoor table. We leave and I get the bang, though honestly the sex was much better with girl 1 in every way.

There were three funny things that happened this day. The first is that with girl 2, I talked her into paying for the entire bill of the hotel room we had to rent for two hours to have sex (amazing how little LMR this was). The second is that I banged girl 1 one last time earlier in the day, so it was the first time I got two different girls in one day. The third is that my friend knew I was out and was kind of mad I was spending a lot of time with girls in Taipei since he had a girlfriend, so he calls girl 1 to ask if she could take care of him while he's sick and she does while I'm out (she found out about girl 2 not through my friend and got really pissed at the time but still talk to girl 1 now).

One last story in this topic. Very first night I'm in Taipei my friend introduces me to his local chick friend. She's a cute skinny broad and we were all talking for a bit. At one point, I talk her into drinking after my friend failed to by going with the sensitive approach and I go out for like 15-20 minutes when I think they're both about to go to sleep. I come back up and she's just laying there awake doing nothing (not even on her phone) while my friend is knocked out on the floor. I feel like I got such huge indicators from her that I wanted to desperately capitalize on but my friend was in the room and he's not the type of dude that's keen on leaving a room at 2 am after he just went to bed and he's a light sleeper so he would've heard us messing around. So basically I feel like I missed an opportunity.

Nightlife

Now because of my friend and sightseeing with girl 1, I really only had one real night to go out. This was a big regret on my trip. I wanted to go out more in Taipei but my friend isn't a club guy and had a girlfriend. Really kind of ruined my night vibe some days if I'm being honest. Would've made it out at least 2-3 more nights if he was down.

Anyway, first place I'm going to talk about is this dive bar called Bacchus Lounge Bar. The bar itself is not bad with a decent outdoor seating area and a dance floor upstairs. Only took girl 2 here to seal the deal but honestly, I didn't like the vibe of this place. I noticed a ridiculous amount of expats there and it seemed like too much of an American bar to me, something I was trying to get away from on this trip. Granted, there were some hot Taiwanese girls there, but it felt like they all came with a group of expats as they all seemed to be at tables.

After I had sex with girl 2, I decided to go out again and try to get girl 3 for the day. I end up going to Babe18 and I warn the older guys on this forum, don't go here. It's really a college club so I think this place is probably limited to guys in their 20s to have a good time. Luckily for me, I fit that bill.

Honestly, this bar had a pretty good deal. $20 cover basically got me unlimited drinks for the night and yes I took advantage of this. My problem is I didn't get there until about 1:45 when it closes in about two hours. This place definitely felt like more of my scene though. Drinks helped but I was literally the only male foreigner in there and honestly, that's the way I like it. My advice here would be to go around 11-12 and not wait as long as I did because it started emptying out by 3 with lights on a little after 3:30.

From the bar before, on a sex high, and drinks here, I was on an adrenaline rush. Early on at Babe, this Brazilian girl that was probably about a 7 eyes me hard and we start dancing and making out on the dance floor and table. Couldn't close though because I think I let my rush take over by getting too aggressive too fast (in both escalation and drinking) and she had a friend there that she didn't seem to want to leave.

One interesting thing I experienced was that this couple that works as promoters there offered me a free table just because I was the only foreigner. Not to mention, they did need to improve the look of the club because the local guys there were nearly all passed out near that table. I'm not the strongest drinker in the world but I noticed most Taiwanese people I met could not drink to save their lives. It was just funny to me because this was my second bar/club on the night and I drank a lot very fast at Babe to beat the clock on the unlimited deal. Bonus comment for the smokers, I really appreciated how friendly Asia is with cigarettes in the bar compared to the US. It's nice to be able to spark a cigarette while getting a drink at a bar compared to going outside.

Conclusion

I had a great time in this country, got two new notches in a week (laid both in the same day at one point), and I would honestly go back to Taipei but not sure how desperate I'd be to go back to the rest of the island. Also found out the hard way my friend is not the best travel buddy to have when I'm going for night life and girls. It's very important to choose the right travel buddy. Not all friendships are strong enough for that.

This definitely made me want to explore more of Asia while I'm still young because honestly, I hate girl life in the US. Working towards that goal by either working remotely or teaching English abroad.

The post was a lot longer than I intended it to be but hopefully the veterans on this forum found it to be a worthy first post to read.